Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Unexpected Value

image: Semantics are Important

I have been listening to more and more podcasts since I moved my AppleTV from the bedroom to the living room. The AppleTV just makes it easy to listen to podcasts while I do things around the house and most of the time when there is a  podcast I really like, I listen to it like families used to listen to radio during prime time.

Yesterday, little did I know, Gilgamesh Taggett, creator of Semantics are Important slipped in, at the end of his podcast, an unexpected plug about a short film I did for my wife. His words were very kind and I still can't get over that someone, outside my immediate circle of friends, took something from the whole thing, but what made it even more special was that it came at the end of an hour long talk on value.

After the weird day I had, it felt good to listen to a podcast that I could relate to and at the end, came with an endorsement for work that I've done.

Semantics are Important (Vulgar Ramblings of a Deranged Mind) uploads every Monday. Episodes average around an hour. It isn't for everyone, but I find that listening to him gets my brain working. Sometimes I agree with the stuff he says, sometimes I don't. I invite you and challenge you to listen to this week's episode on Value. You can find him on iTunes by searching for "Semantics are Important".

No comments:

Post a Comment