Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Clarification

Did you see me on TV today?



Well I just wanted to make a few things a little clearer, as I have gotten a ton of questions today from all over the place.

1. I am not affiliated with BURN the movie. I am just a local artist who requested a screening in Cleveland. You want to go to DetroitFireFilm.org for more details about the movie and to get your tickets for tonight. I know they sold out their show Monday night, and tonight I am sure there will be another large showing. Was kind of bummed they only used the images from the film on the segment and not my images as they had 7 of them ready to go, but I had no control over that. Oh well.

2. Two Detroit firefighters will be at the screening tonight are Brendan Milewski and Dave Parnell. They lived it. Their stories are amazing and tell them thank-you for everything they do. I am happy they are still with us as many of their friends paid the ultimate sacrifice in their efforts to help the people of Detroit.

3. I give all my photography to the fire departments I photograph. My mission is to give them a record of what they do on a daily basis. Families like to see what their dad, mom, wife, husband, brother, or sister do on a daily basis. I am honored anytime they are used. Rarely do I get paid. No complaints, just the way it is.

4. I would love to see Cleveland get a fire photographer on the payroll and put us in the firehouses with the firefighters who protect the city. Whether that is me or not, there are a lot of talented fire photographers here in Cleveland, we could use a full-timer in the department showing you what it is really like.

 I was super happy to be on TV talking about something I am passionate about. Fire photography is a form of art that is both dangerous and rewarding. I love doing what I do, and I am energized that a feature length documentary about firefighters is here in town. Again, without firefighters and a fire department willing to open themselves up, and without a crew of photographers, engineers, and directors like Tom Putnam and Brenna Sanchez, BURN doesn't happen; it doesn't change minds, it doesn't show you what really goes on in a city with more arson that any other city in America.

Support Detroit and Support BURN.

No comments:

Post a Comment