Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Shot in the Dark


I hear the dryer going in the other room. Turns out when you are going to be on TV you need clean clothes. Who knew? So last night, BURN premiered in Cleveland to a sold out show ( I get to go tonight and see it and I'm jacked!). Today I go on live TV talking about the film and my fire photography and what it all means.

To say I am nervous about it is an understatement. I've done live TV before and even still I have those butterflies. TV Cameras, lights, and a host can turn the most articulate of people into babbling idiots. I have been trying to tell myself that that won't happen, but who knows, it's live TV. Part of me feels I need to do something that will make it go viral. Some suggestions from Facebook were to pick my nose, release a flatulent  or even set a fire on the desk and pull out my camera. All would do the trick at the expense of my credibility, but hell I like where their heads are.

In reality I just hoping to put some exposure on a film that should be distributed wide by Hollywood and isn't. Why? Who knows, but this film needs to be seen by everyone in the country. Detroit Fire Department is what happens when you cut and cut and cut and you have a growing number of abandon houses; and gas and matches cost less than a movie ticket.

Arson is a scary thing. It is scary for residents and terrifying for firefighter's families. Arsonists kill firemen. Period. If there was any Midwestern city that closely resembles Detroit it would be Cleveland. Detroit is rising like a phoenix from the ashed because of their firemen. Cleveland isn't on fire because of it's firemen. Detroit needs to be supported, despite that University up there.

If you are reading this after seeing me on TV; welcome, hope I didn't babble like an idiot. You can contact me right here by commenting, clicking on my contact tab and filling out the form, or tweet me. I put a lot of photos on Flickr so head over there if you want to see more stuff.

January has been my month so far. A photo of mine published in Cleveland Magazine, an appearance on TV talking about a genre of photography that is making a surge to mainstream, and hopefully it ends in a paying gig somewhere, somehow.

2013, thanks for showing up for me so far. Don't mess it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment